2010年3月29日 星期一

Pride and Prejudice

Pride and Prejudice- Trailer








Actually, I didn’t watch this film very clearly before. It’s because the class of “Introduction of Novels” then I find the movie and watch it again. The feeling is quite different from that before maybe it’s because I didn’t understand very well about the whole story. Maybe it’s in my senior high school that I first had interest in the classical novels of foreign countries. So at that time, I watched the movie of it. However, I didn’t really understand what happened to the characters and I even feel bored when watching it. I just thought why the movie was so long and boring and why this boring novel could be one of the most famous novels in the world. It’s the scene when Mr. Darcy proposed to Elizabeth at the first time that impressed me most. I did not know why Mr. Darcy wanted to marry her and at the same time said in a very sarcastic and annoying tone. I just he was so weird and stupid. If one wants to marry someone, he should say something flattering to make the woman happy.

(http://jennifermorrill.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/pride-and-prejudice-poster-300.jpg)


Then after I took the novel class and read the novel through myself. I finally understood more about the relationships between the characters and also know everyone’s characteristic. It’s not until then that I understood why Mr. Darcy proposes to Elizabeth in that way. Also, I think the novel is much better than the movie because the movie has to ignore a lot of details because of the limit of time. However, the movie does help because it makes the abstract characters become real people and display the story in front of me. It helps me to understand the background of the story for I can see the customs of ancient time and the scenery in England. It makes the story become alive and vivid. In addition, watching movie is a more relaxing and a faster way to understand the outline of the story.




I remembered when I finished reading the novel, I was so in love with Mr. Darcy. It’s quoted from the teacher of novel class that Mr. Darcy was like a price charming from a fairy tale. And “Pride and Prejudice” was a different style of fairy tales. However, it’s still a fairy tale though you might not think so at first. However, after reading you would find out that the novel was actually a fairy tale.


After I finished the novel, I felt so admired and liked Jane Austen so much. She was so good at describing one personality. The personality of Elizabeth was so impressive and attractive. Although I just could not understand why Mr. Darcy would fall in love with her, I thought no other characters in the novel fit him. Mr. Darcy was so elegant and so thoughtful. He is kind and like a gentleman. He is rich and handsome. Every characteristic he had made him a perfect man. So in this novel, he was totally a prince charming. I thought this novel and its movie was important to me, because it was the first novel I read in the class. I felt so touched about this novel and it made me think more and deeper about a literary work, so I believed this novel would be one of the novels which influenced me a lot.

(http://obscurelybeautiful.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/pride-prejudice.jpg)

沒有留言:

張貼留言